Monday, May 5, 2008

You have to see this to believe it

Well sometimes (and I know you are going to find this hard to believe) Arch and I get get a little crazy(we can't help it it is in our genes) And sometimes( and we know you won't believe this either) we can be very naughty.........Now PL1 came across something VERY interesting yesterday while he was marking papers at his computer. Archie and I came in to help him( it is the end of the semester and he has A LOT of work and could really use our help) and actually Arch and I were in SUPREME naughty mode.PL1 put some music on his computer .It was music by Joanne Shenandoah


who is a Native American from the Iroquois nation. Both Archie and I STOPPED in our tracks, cocked our heads and immediately lay down on the floor AND FELL ASLEEP!!! Now Joanne Shenandoah raises wolves and PL1+2 once saw this video on You tube of her going into her wolves den and singing AND THEY ALL SAT DOWN to listen to her!!! She has a beautiful rich voice.PL2 didn't believe it worked on us..so PL1 got the CD out while we were in the kitchen.................and guess what we did????Cocked our heads,lay down on the floor AND FELL ASLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Archie was OUT COLD and I put my head on my paws and was listening to her lovely voice. Now PL2 found the video so she is going to post it..you have to wait about a minute into the film before she starts to sing to her wolves......PL2 says this could be better than a peanut butter filled Kong or a bone(and a lot cleaner)She also is saying she can't believe that after trying and buying all this stuff for us it is something like this that calms us!!!!!!!! She (PL2)thinks that Joanne Shenandoah can communicate with us(she does) and that obviously she( Pl2 )doesn't!!!!!(well she does but we obey only when we want to)



THIS JUST HAPPENED AND IS THE REAL THING!!!!!!! We were just MAJOR NUDNICKS and look what happened!! Oh boy there is something to this!!!!!!1

28 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Wow! We need to hear some music by this Joanne Shenandoah to see if she has the same powers over us!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Fenway said...

Funny comment on my blog. Do you mean to tell me that I don't always have to listen to my humans? I am a puppy and didn't realize this. Hmmm.

Ms. Alpha LOVES music and LOVES unusual music. She listened to Joanne Shenandoah and is entranced. I am still awake, though quite peaceful. But she is asleep.

Is she one of those Woman Who Dance With The Wolves???

Lorenza said...

Hi, Agatha and Archie!
Even seeing it I can believe it! Sure Joeanne Shenandoah has a magic voice!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dexter said...

That is spooky. I am speechless.

Mango

Amber-Mae said...

Oh wow! That music sure has some magic in it. Joan Shenandoah huh? I think my mommy is thinking of downloading her music after this coz we do tend to go crazy sometimes & we never listen to our hoomans when they tell us "time out".

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

the many Bs said...

Joanne Shenandoah sure has a lovely voice. that's amazing how it works on you. we may have to get her music and listen to it too. that is very very very very cool.

woofs.

Urban Smoothie Read said...

hey, that phenomenan... wat kind of music is that... i can't wait to try it out

Koobuss said...

My mom wants to know if this work on people too?

She's going to watch the video now, so we will find out.

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Kyanite said...

That's amazing.
I've watched Joanne's video too.
She has a lovely voice.

Love, pats & pets
Blue

Molly the Airedale said...

We sure hope mom doesn't see this video or she'll have that plastic card out before we know it! OMG, it really works!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Toffee said...

In hindsight...maybe your PLs should hold off on the soothing music...don't you have a BIG BIG competition coming up this weekend? I mean, those rodents will laugh at you if you fell asleep in the middle of a tunnel!
woof!
toffee

Deetz said...

I think that is amazing. I need my mum to get a CD from her, she has a lovely voice.
Deetz

Sophie Brador said...

Nudnicks?! I love that word. But does this mean we like Joanne S or does this mean we don't? I mean, don't we want to be nudnicks? I'm confused. Maybe I'll put some of those tunes on so I can meditate on this for a while.

xo
SB

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

I am in complete Awe!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Anonymous said...

Hey A&A ,Joanne sure does have magic powers, she has got a lovely voice.

I wonder if i could use it for ails & d.


lots of licks

Niamh said...

I'm not sure if I want to be that calm!

Your friend,
Niamh

Emma the Golden Girl said...

and the Canine Kids said,
Wow, A&A, thanks so much for sharing. We would never, ever had known about Joanne Shenandoah and she is sure wonderful.
Our Mom is off to find her CD so we can stay calm and relaxed.
That was just way cool!

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

She must have a beautiful voice to stop you guys in your tracks.. We may need to get one of her albums to put Louie to sleep.. He can be such a pistol...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Mumsie here...I am impressed...Lacie jumped up on my lap when she heard the wolves...she was snarlin' and being her usual control freak self...as soon as she started to sing,I could feel the tension in her body relax as she was on my lap...very interestin'...

There is soooooooooo much we don't know...Eastern vs. Western...Native American....very cool!!!

Mumsie

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That looks pawsome.. Her music is really soothing

~ Girl girl

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

My human bought the CD to see if it really worked! And it totally did!!! I thought that I was invinsible! But I learned that something about that woman's voice just gets to me!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Noah the Airedale said...

Goodness while Willow was listening to the music she put her head down to rest....Lucy and Tess however just continued to rip into their toys.......sigh.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah

Mr Samwise said...

Dear Agatha and Archie

Belated but heartfelt thanks for your welcome to the world of dog blogs a couple of days ago

I very much liked your blog on the lady that sings for the wolves and especially the bit where you went to sleep. I do a lot of intesive sleep research these days myself.

My mistress much likes music of many kinds too. At the moment we are listening to the Four Sea Interludes from Peter Grimes by Benjamine Britten. It has a very haunting sound and yet it has soothed me to dosing point as My Mistress writes this -much like your Joanne Shenandoah. I will look for her CD when I am about

Be in touch soon

TTFN (Snorr Snorr)

Samwise

Cassidy said...

Mummy needs to plug the speakers in then I can see if it works on me. Big Harry no be a good test subject, cos he be mostly asleep anyway!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

I wonder if she'd cast her spell over me too? Or maybe I'm just a little bit TOO naughty? I'll give it a try and let you know! J x

Asta said...

Agatha and Archie..I wasn't able to see the video, but I saw the one wif the wolves and wead what you said...WOW!!! tha is pwetty amazing and wondewful...Maybe We'll twy to get this mooosic too
love and smoochie kisses
Asta

Maya and Kena said...

Wow! We gotta try listening to that!
That is amazing!!!
Wags and licks,
Maya and Kena

Eric said...

WoW! Nudnicks (he ,he, Moms loves that new word) kind of worrying that a hooman has THAT much power over us doggies.. but even more worrying is that Mom says she is going to find the music and download it for this nudnick . .

Moms says very interesting and THANKS she owes you one ... off to google her right now.

Wiry wags, Eric x