Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Call for Nurses



Oh boy,I need some help here.It started last night when PL1+2 noticed that Archie was letting out a yip here and there but otherwise he seemed fine. PL2 gave him some Arnica( homeopathic medicine for strains) and PL1 said this morning he was fine and was even playing tennis........BUT as the day wore on Archie got wussier and wussier and wouldn't stand on his rear right leg. PL1 got a little worried and called PL2 who was working at the hospital) and she said you better take him to the hospital(no not her hospital,the doggy one) Well PL1 did and left me at home( with about 12,000 toys ,cheese, a chewie, a sweet potato ,and some cookies .Although I do hate to admit this I have never been left alone before despite all the advice people gave PL1+2 about doing this before!! You will be happy to know that PL1 said I did fine(I was pretty busy)Now there are a few differences between my brother and myself(you may have noticed some ...)If I had my leg hanging off,I would probably say wow my leg is kind of hanging off in true terrier fashion. Arch on the other hand is a wee bit of a drama queen and this makes it a little harder.To make a long story short, at the hospital they didn't really know if it was a sprain,strain,torn ligament etc,but they did say to keep him quiet for a few weeks.A FEW WEEKS???!!! said PL1.Now it isn't too hard tonight because he doesn't want to really do anything and is not putting any pressure on it....but how about when he feels better??? Oh boy.And they didn't do an xray(PL1 told PL2 that it was an intern and PL2 just really rolled her eyes.....Mumsie will appreciate that one Lacie!!) So.........PL1 put him on the bed in the morning and we both stayed with him so he wouldn't jump(which he wouldn't have because he didn't move for 4 hours) PL2 is fretting because we are expecting a HUGE Nor Easter with 12 million inches of snow and where will he go to the bathroom? And I am fretting because I don't know if I can handle being a 24 hour duty nurse and be at my post and watch for squirrels.Now I know that Lacie is in her second year of nursing school, and Asta and Koobus have practiced all over the world so I am wondering........PS Archie would like me to tell you that he hurt himself at the last Patriots Game helping Tom Brady and Coach with some of the finesse moves. He tried to "walk it out like Coach said but..........










26 comments:

the many Bs said...

oh Archie, we hope you're gonna be okay. Benson hurt his shoulder and sometimes he still limps, but nothing, and we mean Nothing, will stop him from running and playing. a dog has to do what a dog has to do. and espeically a Terrier, for dog's sake. so, suck it up, buddy, get better and carry on with your life!

woofers.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh dear. I hope you'll be alright soon Archie. I hope you'll get a pretty nurse in the meantime

~ Girl girl

Headgirl said...

My poor Archie!
I'm so sorry to hear this tale of woe.
You have my sympathy too Agatha re the 24/7 nursing, it's going to be tough. I've got nothing on @ the moment - should I come & do a shift with Lacie, Asta & Koobie?

Pats & pets
Blue
x

Harry said...

Poor Archie! Looks like he's taking it easy though so paws crossed he mends fast. I hope you find some other nurses to help out.

Toodle pip
Harry x

Molly the Airedale said...

We hope you'll be okay, Archie! Who will help Agatha play in the snow?
BTW, we only have about an inch of heavy yucky stuff right now! We didn't order this kind! We want LOTS of the powdery stuff!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

jaffeboy said...

Poor Archie, your poor leg still hurt?

Agatha will take good care of you, seeing she is a registered nurse!

Wow, what comfy bed both of you have!

Patience-please said...

Oh darn it, Archie. We're sorry you are having a bum leg. We hope it gets better so very, very fast.
Agatha, we know you will be a great nurse!

healing wags from the whippet waggle

Sophie Brador said...

Oh no! Poor Archie.
I sure hope Archie didn't tear a ligament. I've done that. It's a real drag. You just send him right out here and I will take him to my Auntie Judy, who will xray him all up and fix him.

Or Agatha, you could just come hang out with me while Archie convalesces. I bet you and Cha Cha would have a great time together, and you could practice your French.

Amber-Mae said...

Oh Archie, I hope you will get better soon. Poor you...I just hope it's nothing too serious. We'll be thinking about you.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Gus said...

I don't have any nursing skills to speak of, and Teka would not be any help at keeping him quiet! So we will send lots of good thoughts your way and hope one of the othere nursies can run by to help out. Tell Arch that he has to be in shape for the big game, so behave!

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Hey Arch, I prescribe a 6 pack of beer a day for at least 3 weeks!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Lenny said...

Hey Archie, I'm sorry about your leg. I hope it's not a torn ligament because THAT STINKS. I had that. However, you should take advantage of this opportunity and milk it for all the treats and attention you can get. Take care!

Your friend, Lenny

P.S. Thank you for my award!

Jan Price said...

Oh, we are so sorry you're hurt, Archie. Next time you play football, don't play so rough. It's only a game, you know.

Agatha, we're sure you're being a very good nurse.

jans funny farm

Faya said...

Oh poor Archie.... I know what it is. I had to stay quiet for a few weeks and it was not very easy for Véronique. And it is not over yet. You will have to be very patient with him Agatha.... I wish I could come for nursing but my dady is ill...the flu....
Kisses, Faya

Liza said...

Oh Archie -

We are so sorry to hear about your sports injury!! We hope they move you off the injured reserve list soon -

Dory

The Thuglets said...

Oh gosh...so sorry to hear about Archies injury. We hope he is soon all better.

we have a fair bit of nursing experience Agatha if u need some help.

Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

Noah the Airedale said...

Boys will be boys, Archie you've got to leave footy to the big blokes. We hope you feel better soon. We would rush over to help nurse you but we have to look after bruv Noah.

Hugs and tail wags
Willow Tess & Lucy

Lorenza said...

Hi, Agatha!
I really hope there is nothing serious with Archie and that time resting will help him!
I am not a nurse but sure I'd love to take care of him!
Please, let us know how it goes, ok?
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Dear...Agatha,I'll contact Koobie and Asta...we're gonna havta come by snow mobile, I'm afraid with all that mess ur gettin...we should be there in the wee hours of the morning...leave the light on for us!!!!!

Lacie

Joe Stains said...

uh oh, this sounds like it might be a tough couple of weeks. I am sending healing vibes to you both, you may need them too Agatha!

Asta said...

Agatha
I'm getting my oonifowm wight now..I'll be wight ovew don't wowwy I'll help and I'll let Lacie know too so we can both help you..poow Archie!!! sit on him meantime OK????
smoochie kisses
Asta

Wired for Mackie said...

Hugs to Archie for us, okay? Hope you feel better soon, buddy! These doctor's don't know nuttin'- keep a WFT quiet for a few weeks??? What do they think we are?? Sheez!
Anyway, pal- do your best to stay quiet and go easy!

Gentle hugs, Mackie and Finnegan

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Oh Archie! So sorry to hear that you're feeling unwell. It's no fun, is it? The only good thing is all the extra attention and fuss and treats you'll get. Milk it buddy! J x

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

ooooh poor Archie, I am late catching up with all the blogs, we have had some "technical issues" here (Jeannie has a new camera phone and could not work it!!!!)

So sorry to hear about Archie, I will catch up with his progress in the next post.

I am not a Nurse (well obviously!) and not trained as a Dr, but I can do good healing licks, sending loads your way Archie!

Your pal, Marvin xxxxx

Koobuss said...

It nice that you have company, Archie, and are in such good hand, er paws. Your sister is very worried about you. So you were injured during the Jacksonville game? Jaguars can do that to you!

Be brave, dear Archie!

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Stanley said...

Oh, Agatha!

I miss your blog for a couple of days and then I find that THIS happened. It must be said right off the bat that you look very cute and determined at your post there with the ArchMan. He's looking like he feels a little puny yet, but at least there are reinforcements on the way.

Any idea what happened? I'll read ahead and maybe you'll know something there.

Goober love & healing goob smooches,
Stanley